At Mader Electric, we are excited to offer drives by Yaskawa to bring our customers quality, industrial drives. We are now well-versed in the GA800 Drive, and we offer the training our customers may need to begin using this "ultimate combination of power, ease of use, flexibility, and performance." For any customer needing help with troubleshooting, we're here to help you get the ultimate variable speed needs.
Related Blog: Yaskawa VFD Technology For Industries Across the Board
We offer hands-on training with our GA800 demo drive. Our customers can see all the unique qualities built into this industrial drive and how easy it is to run with today's digital technology.
The Different Methods to Start Up the Drive
- The one that comes with the drive is its Local Keypad. Controlling the drive from the keypad is easy to learn.
- Press the button, Lo/Re, to put it in this particular setting. A green light indicates it is in Local keypad control.
- Enter the frequency, such as 40 Hz, and Accept that entry.
- At this point, you can see...
- the reference is from the keypad,
- the frequency is set to 40.00 Hz,
- and now it's time to give it a run command.
- Hit Run, and it turns the motor.
- Another way to run the drive is through the Machine's Interface through using its network communication Option Card inside the faceplate.
- Pull the front cover off to install the desired network Option Card, such as Ethernet/IP. Different network communication cards, such as the Profibus-DP, Profinet, and others, can be purchased for customer customization to work with various bus systems. As Yaskawa reports, the GA800 offers exceptional flexibility built into this drive for easy integration into multiple customer sites.
Operating the GA800 Drive
- You can easily run the drive from a Laptop.
- Connect a mini-USB to USB-type A cable from the front of the Drive to your PC.
- From the laptop, open up Yaskawa’s DriveWizard Software to monitor and manage the drive’s settings and parameters.
- You will see that the frequency reference changed to the option card.
- At this point, you can to select forward or reverse as the run command.
- Now, you need a reference source.
- You have the capability to type in a value or dial the knob to a certain hertz.
- Once you have entered in the hertz, there are multiple places where you can see the output frequency.
- You will then hear the rpm increase and you can monitor all the feedback values.
- To stop the drive, simply press the STOP button, or enter a "0" (ZERO) hertz value.
Benefits of the Yaskawa VFDs
We're proud to offer the quality of the Yaskawa drives. We believe that the expertise and longevity behind the Yaskawa name says a lot, and we believe this company offers exceptional benefits to our customers. If you want to know more about the GA800, or any of the Yaskawa drives, we're here to help you.
Mader Electric Offers Solutions to Automation Controls and More...
At Mader Electric, we are committed to offering a variety of solutions for industrial automation controls. We're proud to offer an extensive list of services to Central and Southwest Florida. If you don't see a service you need, don't hesitate to call us.
Motors, pumps, and everything electric is our passion. Be sure to find out more about our in-house training and let us know if your company would like our assistance when it comes to hands-on training in our state-of-the-art classroom. If we sell it, we make sure you know how to use it.