Knowing how to properly execute your motor maintenance tasks is extremely important. Whether you're the one performing these tasks for your business or if you've hired someone for this position, you want to make sure that the work's being properly done. It’s good to make sure everything in your business is being done properly, and this includes the motor maintenance tasks. To ensure these tasks are being executed properly you should use the Electrical Engineering Pocket Handbook. However, you can’t really use this handbook if you don’t know how to use it in the most effective way. This article will give you tools that you need in order to properly use the Electrical Engineering Pocket Handbook. Click here to watch our training video.
Related Blog: Motor Maintenance: How Much Grease is Too Much Grease
Maintaining your motor is something that's extremely important. It is a crucial part of motor management in order to prevent failures and save you money. Replacing your motor can be extremely expensive and it is not something that you necessarily have to do. If you successfully maintain your motor consistently and if you work towards keeping it in good condition you won’t have to worry about spending money on a new one; maintenance is of the utmost importance. The Electrical Engineering Pocket Handbook gives you effective ways that you can maintain your motor and shows you different tasks that you can do to keep it in good working condition.Here are some of the things that you’ll find helpful in maintaining your motor within the Electrical Engineering Pocket Handbook:
- Formulas that are helpful for your electrical motors. You will find the correct formulas that you need for you motor maintenance. The formulas included are horsepower, current, power factor and efficiency.
- Formulas that you can use for electrical circuits. Such circuits include amps, volt-amps, watts and Ohms Law.
- You will find all of the frame dimensions from Nema. The Electrical Engineering Pocket Handbook will have dimensions for electric motors including formulas for U frames. This is good for finding out the shaft size, the dimensions for foot mount and many other motor dimensions you will find useful.
- Connections charts and terminal markings chart. Charts for electric motors in 1 phase, 3 phase, DC and 2 speed.
- Full load currents charts. These efficiency charts are needed and well explained.
All these things and so many others will be found in the Electrical Engineering Pocket Handbook.